1. Transparent Watercolor Society, Kenosha, WI
This big agave painting hit the road and shipped off to Wisconsin last month after being juried into the Transparent Watercolor Society’s (TWSA) National Exhibition. This organization scrutinizes the work closely to be sure NO opaque pigments or collage materials are used to assure optimal luminosity where the light of the paper glows through the layers of color! Here’s an explanation of transparency in watercolor. Since I’m a stickler for pure transparency in my paintings its a good fit for me, but it’s a very competitive show to be juried into! Yea! If you are in the Kenosha area this summer, stop by, or click here to see the whole show!
- Dates: May 4 through August 4, 2019
- See the TWSA Exhibition: Kenosha Public Museum, Kenosha, WI Mon-Sat 10 am-5 pm. Sunday noon to 5 pm.
- Jurors: Laurin McCracken and Linda Baker
2. Edmonds Arts Festival Gallery, Edmonds, WA
This “outrageous” macro view into a moth orchid will be shown during the Edmonds Arts Festival where they pack in over 400 artworks by regional artists of all media into the weekend gallery show. Meanwhile, a huge festival of artists booths, food and entertainment happens on the grounds overlooking Puget Sound. I’ll be tickled pink if you come and see it!
- Dates: Festival – June 14 – June 16, 2019. Fri & Sat 10am – 8pm. Sunday 10am- 5pm.
- Awards Ceremony: June 9, 2019 5 – 7pm
- Location: Frances Anderson Center 700 Main Street Edmonds, WA
- Juror: William Elston
3. 2019 NWWS Signature Exhibition at the WA State Convention Center, Seattle, WA
I’ll have 2 of my large Floralscape paintings included in the Northwest Watercolor Society (NWWS) show for Signature Members. I qualified to become a Signature Member in 2012. I’m really excited to exhibit these in the beautiful WA State Convention & Trade Center in downtown Seattle for 3 months! Peek into an upward view of this luscious, twisting Angel’s Trumpet bloom from California, above, or immerse yourself in the rich sun kissed reds of a double Hibiscus bloom from Kauai, below. You might be interested in my prior post about the process of painting Kilauea’s Kiss.
- Dates: July 11 – October 6, 2019. Reception & Recognitions Ceremony: July 13, 2019 4pm – 6pm.
- Location: WA State Convention & Trade Center. 800 Convention Place, Seattle, WA 98101
Mark your calendars for these events and have a colorful, art & flower filled summer wherever you are! Cheers!
Flower prints anytime!
By the way, giclee prints of all my Floralscape artworks are available through Fine Art America or Saatchi Art. Browse around and find the perfect size & color print for your wall space and choose the material and framing that you like. They make it easy and affordable to have your own wall art flowers!
Fine Art America for prints and products at https://sandy-haight.pixels.com.
Saatchi Art for prints and originals: http://www.saatchiart.com/sandyhaight