It’s a big welcome to my new home in Kitsap County to be accepted into the Washington State Juried Art Competition which opens Saturday, January 20, 2018 at Collective Visions Gallery in Bremerton. One of my favorite Floralscape paintings, Kilauea’s Kiss seen here, was selected for this show (click here for a previous post about the unique painting process for this watercolor of a luscious Hawaiian double hibiscus bloom).
The annual CVG Show is one of the largest and most prestigious art competitions in the Northwest. 283 artists throughout Washington submitted over 900 images for consideration. The competition’s three jurors, Paula Stokes, Teresa Saia, and Harry Longstreet, chose 125 pieces from these submissions for inclusion in the show. Categories include 2D, 3D and Photo/Digital. I’m honored and looking forward to being a part of this exhibit right in Kitsap County…and it’s easy by ferry from Seattle!
- CVG Show: Saturday Jan 20, 2018 until Saturday, Feb. 24, 2018.
- Gallery hours: Tuesday – Saturday 11 to 6.
- Special opening: Sunday, January 21, from 12 – 4 pm for viewing the artwork and to hear discussions by Teresa Saia and 2 gallery artists.
- Location: 331 Pacific Avenue downtown Bremerton, 3 blocks from the ferry terminal. Phone: 360 377 8327
- Art Walk: February 2, a fun time to see the show!
- Accepted artists & artwork list: visit www.CVGShow.com.